Chicago Cubs shortstop Addison Russell had to spend Sunday night in a Denver hospital after suffering an allergic reaction to something he ate on a postgame spread in the clubhouse. Russell is allergic to shellfish, and they believe something he ate was mistakenly labeled, according to an interview he held with the Chicago Sun-Times. Luckily his hospitalization and allergic reaction was brief, and Russell was feeling well enough to fly to Cleveland, rejoining the team ahead of a two-game series against the Indians. He said he felt better and the team said he could be available to play in Tuesday’s opener.
Editorial credit: Debby Wong / Shutterstock.com