Benton Harbor 77, Dowagiac 43
- Benton Harbor opened the season with a 77-43 win at Dowagiac. The Tigers made an early statement, opening the game on an 18-0 run. Carlos Johnson led the Tigers with a game high 23 points. Shawn Hopkins was right behind Johnson with 20 points, while Dennie Brown added 10. Dowagiac got 11 points from James Merchant and 10 from Caled Murphy.
St. Joseph 56, Battle Creek Harper Creek 53
- St. Joe had to withstand a fourth quarter rally from Harper Creek but held on for a 56-53 win. Cade Shimulunas had 13 points to lead St. Joe, while Tyler Voth was the only other Bears in double figures with 10. Voth also added 10 rebounds as St. Joe improves to 1-0. Dom Gibson had a game high 20 points to lead Harper Creek.
Lakeshore 53, South Haven 48
- Lakeshore opened the season with a 53-48 win over South Haven. Lakeshore junior guard Micah Seats led all scorers with 18, Austin Kaiser had 12. The Rams were led by Cascadara Smith with 15, all on three-balls, while Andre Cobbs added 12. Lakeshore will open SMAC West Division play at St. Joe on Friday live on 95.7 & 1400 WSJM Sports. South Haven will host Sturgis Friday night, live on Superhits 103.7 Cosy-FM.
Bangor 52, Michigan Lutheran 45
- Bangor had three players in double figures as the Vikings beat Michigan Lutheran 52-45. Marshall Weber had a game high 18 points for Bangor, Hunter Graham had 18 and Connor McDaniel scored 10. The Titans were led by Zeb Pappenfuss with 13 while Kasen Kerns scored 11.
Coloma 89, Buchanan 61
- Zach Goodline had 32 points as Coloma opened the season with an 89-61 win over Buchanan. Carter Jeffries had 15 to lead the Bucks.
Niles 63, Three Rivers 63 – OT (Brayden Lake hit the game winning shot as time expired)
Jackson 65, Battle Creek Central 41
Plainwell 56, Portage Northern 42
Mattawan 55, Paw Paw 54 – Luke Tolliver (MAT) 31 points, 11 Rebounds
Brandywine 64, Saugatuck 57
Centreville 69, White Pigeon 35
Kalamazoo Christian 53, Bloomingdale 41
Lawton 48, Martin 44
Coldwater 61, Battle Creek Lakeview 51
Decatur 57, River Valley 40
St. Joseph 40, Edwardsburg 37
- Maggie Lear’s layup and free throw with 0.7 seconds left gave St. Joe a 40-37 come from behind win at Edwardsburg. Anna Fischer had a game high 21 points for St. Joe as they improve to 2-1 on the season. Alexa Markel had 9 of her 11 points in the first half for the Eddies who fall to 2-1.
Dowagiac 40, Benton Harbor 32
- Amiyah Smith had 18 points in Dowgaiac’s 40-32 win at Benton Harbor. Stacy Pullen had 8 for Benton Harbor.
Watervliet 46, Michigan Lutheran 40
- Ariana Rowe scored a game high 16 points and added 8 rebounds as Watervliet picked up their first win of the season with a 46-40 win over Michigan Lutheran. Jaelyn Pitra added 14 points for the Panthers. Sarah Jackemeyer had 15 to lead Michigan Lutheran
Lake Michigan Catholic 55, Watervliet Grace Christian 14
- Emily Lage had 16 points in Lake Michigan Catholic’s 55-14 win over Grace Christian.
Three Rivers 51, Niles 35
- Hadley Miller led all scored with 18 points as Three Rivers beat Niles 51-35. Lajan Mitchell scored 11 in defeat for the Vikings,
Decatur 51, Marcellus 42
- Regan Rose had 20 points including three triples to give Decatur a 51-42 win over Marcellus. Jania Green added 18 for Decatur. Jana Hewig had 16 and Morgan Hartline had 13 for Marcellus.
Hartford 58, Eau Claire 2
- Mikenzie Chambers had 18 points to lead Hartford over Eau Claire 58-2. AJ Jackson added 13 for Hartford.
Gobles 58, South Haven 40
Mattawan 52, Paw Paw 29
Plainwell 42, Portage Northern 22
Schoolcraft 48, Sturgis 29
Buchanan 33, Coloma 31
Brandywine 73, Saugatuck 35
Coldwater 68, Battle Creek Lakeview 35
Lawton 52, Martin 42